Bardesbanian Mansion was built by the French Bardesbanian family in around 1880. Until the family moved back to France during the second quarter of the 19th century, the building served as their home. It was then turned over to the finance treasury of the government. The Bardesbanian Mansion is used as a social center which offers cafeteria and restaurant services to the academic and administrative staff and the students of the Aegean University.
It is known called Yeşil Köşk (Green Mansion). Green Mansion formerly called Bardesbanian Mansion was first restored 1982. It served for a long time as a guesthouse for the VIP’s visiting the university. The mansion underwent three restorations in 1993, 1995 and 2004. It was converted to a social facility where the university personnel enjoy leisure time. There still are two bay windows, two big halls and eight small rooms, which four of them have fireplaces.
Green Mansion has the capacity to serve 100 people in closed area and 200 people open area simultaneously.